our peace = inward repose and serenity of soul that indicates a heart at rest, as we place complete confidence in God- minute by minute
our peace comes from knowing..
01. we have a right relationship with God
02. our times are in God's hands
03. God is all-sufficient and omnipresent
04. He is fully aware of every detail of our day
the key to our peace is..
not the absence of conflict, but the presence of God
acknowledging that God will supply our every need, matthew 6.8
remembering that we'll never have a real need that God isn't able to meet, phil. 4.19
the sacrifice of TRUST..
- rest in God's presence
- trust in God's wisdom
- remember that God is in control
- accept God's dealings
- place our confidence in His sovereignty and all-sufficiency
PANIC is wasted energy. don't let yourself do it.
psalm 37.8 '..do not fret, it leads only to evil.'
matthew 6.27 'who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?'
'Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge.' psalm 62.8