Tuesday, September 22, 2009

two girls. one blog. and an extremely amazing God.

have you ever had that gnawing feeling like you should be doing something, but you're not sure what? have you ever tingled with anticipation, knowing that God had something fabulous planned for you, just around the corner?

i've been experiencing these feelings for quite some time now. i had this inkling in my gut that something big and awesome was coming. well, friends, it has.

and you're staring at it.

i woke up the other morning and the first thing i saw was my discarded bible study manual collecting dust in the corner. i sighed. will i ever find the time to sit down, alone or with friends, and go through this book? the idea quickly left my mind as i sat down to fire up my laptop. it was blog time. then it hit me. literally left me breathless. i had a moment of--literal--divine inspiration:

what if i start a bible study blog?

is there an easier, more convenient, more global, more accessible way to connect people for a common cause? i think not! i was seriously jazzed. but i knew this was not something i wanted to do alone. and the first person that entered my mind was fellow blogger, summer harms. i'd been reading her blog for months and knew she was just the passionate woman to take on the job of co-piloting this bible study blog on her maiden voyage. i prayed the idea would resonate with her, and in confirmatory fashion, it did.

so here we are. two girls. one blog. and an extremely amazing God. one that we can't wait to know deeper through the study of His word.

welcome to dwell.
please- take your shoes off.
grab a mug of coffee or a cup of tea.
and study with us.

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness. this is the best idea ever, my friends. i've thought of the same sort of blog idea and never actually put it out there. i can't wait to read your writings and discoveries. am so happy about this, you have no idea. i love knowing more about God and prayer and goodness. that is what life is all about. hope you don't mind me peeking in. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is blog is precious... I will be featuring it on my blog asap and joining along in diving into the depths of all our God has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a good idea! i am inspired. Can't wait to see how God works through this blog!

    ReplyDelete